Thursday, August 13, 2009

You ink will run dry in ..

My glyph production is insane. I started tracking it by the ink I use every day. Here is how much I used in the last several days by day: 1200,1100,500,600,1240,620. On average that is 876 Ink every day.

To keep up with that, I need to mill 146 stacks of herbs a day. I was about ready to start cutting my farmers off. It looks like I need to rethink that. I am milling daily to keep that space free. I hade 3600 ink before I made ink today. I forgot to check what it was after. But at the rate that I use up ink, I would run dry in 4 days.

I should have purchased a lot more herbs this weekend. I could easily run out of ink before friday. My farmers like to do the trade in person and I missed one of mine last night that is usualy good for 100 stacks.

I can throttle that if I need to. I let my glyphs sell for very low markup if that is where the glyph is selling. I can easily jump my threshold up from 3.5G to 4.25 (or even 5g). I will sell less so I preserve my ink supply and my profit is higher. If I saw the dry spot before it got to me, bumping my profits up the days before would allow me to pay more if I had to. My daily sales will go down because I am posting less. But if I am going to run out and can make a 4.25G glyph the next day instead of a 3.5G today, I am getting more for it.

If I think my ink cost will jump way up to 2G each, I can adjust ahead of time and soften the impact it will have on me.

I also have a 14 stack inventory of every glyph. I top those stacks off every night. I may be able to last 2 days for the majority of my glyphs before I run out. Some of my good sellers would go quickly. But that is expected.

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for the last few days. It's very interesting to see how the glyph market varies from server to server.

    I think I use around 200 ink per day.

    Do you have a count on the number of major glyph sellers on your realm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before this last DMF and the patch (at the time I wrote this post), I had 1 other person working every glyph like I do. I saw 3-4 that would focus on the high volume glyphs. There is one of those posters that keeps the 5-8 that he works dirt cheap. Under my threshold anyway.

    Several people jumped into it just after the DMF and got some good sales during patch week. I know I did. I am making more gold with the prices high or I would have started to push them back out already.

    ReplyDelete