Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inventory: This is what I have

So I decided to do an inventory of what I have. I bet 80-90% of my gold is from inscription, so its no surprise that 80-90% of my inventory is dedicated to that. I have 4-5 bank tabs of random stuff, most things I should vendor. I used those for overflow before but have let them fill up with garbage.


I do have 3 bank tabs of mostly ink, 1 tab 1/2 full of herbs to mill, and 1 tab of random inscription stuff. I have another tab just for bulk herb purchases. Its empty at the moment so I use it to move glyphs from alt to alt for posting. That's 6150 ink of the sea.


I have 3 chars for posting glyphs now. Those I stack up to 14 most of the time. They are either in my bags or listed on the AH.


I just spend a huge chunk of gold on some gear. So my gold pile is much lower then it was before the weekend. I have around 8,500 gold on my various characters and 46,000 gold in the bank. Here are some screenshots to show you the size of my operation.






























4 comments:

  1. I dont know how I could streamline any more then I am. I think I have a very effecient system in place. But if you can point out some things for me to work on, I would be all ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Glyphs, streamlining is more to do with what you don't sell, rather than what you do sell.

    I gather you're heard about the 80/20 rule? 80% of your results come from 20% of your efforts. It's not quite like that in wow, but close.

    You have 3 alts selling Glyphs. I'm guessing it's along the lines of Hunter, Druid, Rogue on one, 3 more types on another etc.

    The best way to streamline it is to move the best selling ones (ones that not only sell best, but sell for the highest price) to one character and concentrate on that one. Soon enough, you'll probably decide not to post on the other 2 characters.

    You'll find that you'll still make 70% of the gold you used to, but it'll take up 60% less time.

    That's streamlining in Glyphs.

    Of course when changes happen, you'll have to re-order these around, retire Glyphs, make new ones etc.

    I used to do it with 3 or 4 alts, now I only use one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good idea. I think I know of an easy enought way to do that too. I already favor one alt over the others. If I have very little time, there is one that must post on schedule every time.

    But I still have them split by classes. So I would bet even he has some that are not selling.

    ReplyDelete